The hubby and I are watching Jack Reacher, and I'm contemplating the fact that I no longer watch chick flicks (with a few exceptions). His schedule has been wonderful this month. I do love my Jonny time.
And, all day long I've been giggling about the Mt. Mitchell water bottle incident...as well as the mooning incident. Let me elaborate:
- When Jonny reached the summit of Mt. Mitchell he was frozen to the bone. His first instinct was to strip off his wet biking gear and put on warm, dry clothes. So in the middle of the supposedly desserted parking lot, that's just what he did. Before I even knew what was happening and had the chance to screen my husband, down came his bike shorts! And then I looked behind us...and there they were--the only other two people on the mountain top. Jonny jumped into the car and yelled, "Drive, drive, drive!" That poor lady.
- On the way home from the mountains I got thirsty. Aaron is quite the little water bottle hoarder. He's been known to try and drink every last drop before you get the chance to take a sip (this goes for popcorn, chips and other hot commodoties as well). I asked him for a drink. "Just a minute!" He said, and I could hear him fumbling with the bottle. I got impatient, thinking that he was trying to guzzle it. "Please, Aaron...I'm thirsty," I said. "Hold just a second," he repeated, still fumbling. Then Jonny chimed in, "Aaron, give your mom the water." Aaron handed it right over. I tipped it up to my mouth, and the lid immediately seperated from the bottle. Nearly all its contents gushed down my shirt and landed on my lap. After a brief, astonished gasp, we burst into a fit of laughter. Poor Aaron was being pestered by his parents as he diligently tried to replace the lid on the water bottle before he gave it to his mom. I hope he laughed at me too. Then Jonny and I apologized.
And that was that. LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment