This picture was taken at a little restaurant on the top of the highest mountain east of the Mississippi. Beautiful view--when the layer of fog crystals parts. Cute boys.
Moments before this picture was taken, I took these cute boys (the little ones) to the bathroom. I thought we were alone in there. You know, the kind of alone in a public bathroom when it's ok to let your boys open the stalls to see what mysteries are hiding behind the locked door, etc. Well, we weren't.
In fact, there was a nice older lady behind door number one. Luckily, she came out just in time to spare me the embarrassment of having to apologize for JJ's intrusion. I apologized anyway, and she was nice. She asked what we were doing "way up here" and I explained that we were playing the part of the sag crew for my husband who "is racing in the Assault on Mt. Mitchell next Saturday." She nodded with an impressed look on her face, then said, "Wow--in this weather! He's pretty brave...or pretty crazy."
A little bit of both, I think. His lips were a pale shade blue.
Why does he do it? I'm not sure. I'd say it's for the exercise, but that's not true. I think the body benefits are a mere bonus for Jonny...not necessarily the underlying reason. I think it's more because he "won't let the rain run my life," like he kept saying on the two hour drive to the mountain base. It's some awesome sense of conquering/defeating/competing against great odds. At least that's what what I think.
We could fight the crazy...or we could cheer him on. For now, we'll cheer him on. We sure love that brave, crazy man.
1 comment:
Thanks for supporting me on my crazy quests. :)
Post a Comment