Friday, May 24, 2013

Confusion and Delay

I'm having a difficult time motivating myself to do anything on my "really useful engine" list right now.  Yes, we watched Thomas and Friends for movie night--again.  And Aaron was happy.  But, he did go to sleep quickly, as promised.  And, when big brother decides to call it a night, little brother falls in line. That made me happy.

Grandpatty and Grandpappy are packing their bags for South Carolina right now.  How do I know this?  Grandpats called to ask if we would like her to bring a few oversized suitcases to stuff with all of our Utah-bound belongings.  Yes, PLEASE! 

If I were a really useful engine right now I would be sorting our stuff, prioritizing our collection of items into "garage sale," "go home now" and "go home later" piles.  Or, I would be cleaning the wreck that is the basement, or fluffing the guest room pillows, or at least running the washing machine so I could trick myself into thinking that I was being really useful.  But, instead I'm struggling to pull myself away from my favorite design blogs whilst I daydream about paint colors, furniture combinations and thrift finds. 

So, why all of the confusion and delay?  Well, it's Friday.  And the TGIF part of me feels like I deserve a little creative time for myself.  Even if it's all just in my head.  Plus the day was spent running: Aaron from one school to the next; Jonny to and from work (only one car, remember); grocery stores, costco, watching kids friends, etc.  Then we helped the neighbors lay sod this evening...and my big baby belly wants nothing more than to wobble around independently while I rest on the recliner.  It feels good to sit down.

So there, Sir Topham Hatt.  Every good little engine earns the right to indulge in a bit of confusion and delay.  Thank goodness it's Friday.

ps.  Top items on my thrift list (in descending order of importance): southern art, stained glass, jade, brass collectables, tiger wood, book ends, trays, benches, lamps, shelving... 

1 comment:

Amy F said...

Hahaha... I had one of those nights last night... after Paul had been gone 4 days I just sat and perused beautiful things on the internet. Sometimes it feels good to do "nothing" when you have been doing so very very much. Love the thrifting list.