It has been a good month...easy to say
when we’re only a few days into it. But, hopefully it will just keep
getting better. After all, this is a month we will remember for the rest
of our lives as the month that charted the course of your career and our
family's future. Yea! Perhaps we will finally be able to stop
talking about our future in hypothetical scenarios. Can’t wait for March 16th. I actually called Rholinda at the School of Medicine today to get the scoop on Match
day, and I’m imagining dangerously perfect scenarios surrounding the events of
that day. I guess my day dreams are only
dangerous if we end up disappointed. We
shall see.
I’m still thinking about our dinner at
Bishop Metcalf’s home last night. There
home was beautiful, but the feeling within it was even more so. I look forward to playing the “water game” in
the future. Maybe for FHE tonight? The Bishop and his wife are so generous with
their time and means—and so thoughtful.
I hope I always remember that roast recipe: crock pot for 9-12
hours—ranch dressing mix + Italian dressing mix + brown gravy mix smeared all
over it. MMMmm. There, now we will remember. Hopefully some day when I’m in charge of
cooking Sunday dinners I will be able to pull it out of my memory. What a lucky woman that I have only been in
charge of cooking a few Sunday feasts in my married life. We have such generous extended family.
Aaron was hilarious to watch at the
Bishop’s yesterday: deliberating for about 10 minutes about which package of
cars he would take from the prize bin, and then spending the remaining hour
circling their large granite island with each of his new prizes. Will he ever stop liking cars? I hope not.
Someday we will have to put him into a small engine’s class in school. I’m sure he’d love that. I love how much he loves playing cars with
you. His favorite "true story" to hear about our family lately has been about Grandpapa Tracy, working hard on the basketball team, and then speeding to the championship tournament. I think he really likes the part about the cop pulling Grandpapa over, and then letting him off the hook. :) Aaron had a pretty good week—if you
discount a few bed time door closing punishments. He was SO good at Cache’s office for cochlear
programming, and is such a joy to take on adventures. And, I love how he has been giving us so many
“gifts” lately, and how he wants to give some of his old toys to a boy who
doesn’t have any. He has a good heart.
Thanks for taking Aaron and Jared to the Discovery Museum last Saturday. Too bad the line to ride the fake horse was
too long. It is so cute how JJ whinnies
whenever he sees a horse. JJ oh JJ. What shall we do with his misplaced
desires? Eating toothpaste is not OK,
even if you’re acting like you’re brushing your teeth. Climbing into the bath tub is not
OK—especially when momma is showering, or when the tub is full. Running around with a toothbrush, brushing
every unclean thing in sight, and then chewing on it is gross. He is a “silly baby,” as Aaron says. It is so funny to hear him replay the
conversations we have with him, “Dig a dig a dig a da?....NO!” and “A
wa wa wawa? NO!” and “gababgabab baba snow? No!” Funny
boy. But, the cutest question he asks
throughout the day, all day is, “Dada?”
He is always looking for you.
Thanks again for taking the reigns in the family
on Saturday. It was so nice to get out
and explore the decorating shops on Highland
Drive with Amy. Some day, perhaps, we’ll be looking for our
own home. But, I wouldn’t be any happier
then than I am now. That’s not to say I
don’t have my days—thanks for helping me through them. Even if we didn’t get our date night last
Friday, it was great to snuggle with you on the couch. Though, we should probably get to bed earlier. Don’t you think? ;) I sure love you, and I’m
so proud of you.
Love, Dar
No comments:
Post a Comment