"Dad, why are you always calling mom, 'my beautiful?" said Aaron tonight as I made dinner.
This was a particularly poignant question tonight because I managed to stay in my running clothes all day long...and we played for a while in the sand box. It was a combination that made me feel rather un-pretty, to say the least. Nonetheless, Jonny still calls me, "my beautiful"--not in a schmaltzy kind of way. It's more matter-of-fact. As if that's what I always am. Which is rarely true.
But, I had never really thought of that before...until Aaron asked. It made me feel beautiful. Even today. I smiled and turned to Aaron and said, "Because he loves me." And, it all made perfect sense.
1 comment:
Love this post! I wonder the same thing sometimes in the morning when I roll out of bed and Spencer is all dressed and ready for the day and I think this is the last impression I am leaving him with for the day! Lol! It doesn't seem to bother him at all. We are two lucky girls! :)
Post a Comment