Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hard Week

It was a hard week:  Aaron sliced his head open on the corner leading to his room while headed for time out.  I'm still at war with myself, trying extra hard not to loath myself for the incident but I can't seem to get past it.  I could have prevented it by just ignoring his bad behavior.  Maybe I should have.

JJ loves to say "NO" and has learned to poop whenever I put him down for a nap.  Consequently, I haven't managed to chip away at any of my projects--including the packing that needs to happen now.  We will be moving out in one month.

I still haven't managed to write about the past two incredible weeks--let alone catch up to the day that I was dressed as a gypsy, crouched atop the dumpster, searching for my keys I threw inside.  (That was one for the books).

I made a fool of myself in front of my mother in law tonight.

Accutane has successfully made my face look worse than it ever has, and I'm really hoping that this third month improvement happens soon--at least before my joints officially crystalize into old lady joints.  Or, at least before people start calling me negative Nelly.  Poor Jonny.

Oh--and a well meaning man in my ward told me that my kids were "by far" the loudest kids in church.   Thanks, dude.  I'm working on it.

All in all, I'm in a rut.  And, it is so much harder than it should be to get out.

On the upside, Aaron and I read "Treasure Island" together this week and he loved it.  I will be searching out more children's treasury classics books.  He had a bout of stomach aches (and the runs) all week and all he wanted to do was read.  So, that's what we did.  I loved it too.

JJ loves Jonny.  He searches for him in the morning, requests him to feed him at night, and yells "DADA" every time he hears the door open.  When we fix him a bottle, JJ runs for Jonny.  They lie on the floor--JJ on top of Jonny's chest.  It's so sweet.

Conference was great.  I'll admit it--Satan's really working hard at my guilty complex.  He would love to build a barrier between me and the messages I heard today.  But, I'm not going to let him.  I am soaking in the words I heard.  I'm pondering the messages.  I'm grateful for a new perspective, and yearning for more time with my scriptures.  I hope I can make it happen.

No comments: