Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why I Loved Leap Day:

  1. An early morning run with one of the greatest ladies I know.  We talked about guilt, and shedding that worthless, dangerous guilt that is sometimes left over after I repent.  I worked hard to leave it behind today.  I think it was a success.
  2. Free Zoo Day.  It actually happens on the last Wednesday of every winter month, but today it was especially awesome because the 29th of February only happens once every four years.
  3. Laughing spontaneously when I noticed JJ's cheeks jiggling as he runs.
  4. Riding down the snake slide behind Jdog with Aaron at the bottom to catch us.
  5. The storm that nearly blew us away as we bolted from the car to the apartment building after the zoo.
  6. Hot chocolate made from Ovaltine. 
  7. The avocados at the new Harmons grocery store downtown.  Mmmmm.  I can't wait to explore the entire City Creek development to open next month.
  8. Aaron's succession of questions, "When will you be a grandma?" and then, "Why do old people die?" I broke out the glove body+spirit analogy, and he really listened.
  9. Crocheting a blanket for my little sister's baby as I snuggled up to Jonny.  Together we listened to Aaron wind himself into a complete mess of tears because he made a few bad choices (which meant he didn't get to watch the singing show).  I do hate dishing out bad consequences.  But, it is so much easier to do it with the husband.
  10. Knowing that a day like today can happen any day--even if it isn't the 29th of February.


No comments: