Fort building is a magical thing. It can transport an ordinary and even a bit dreary day to another universe--one filled with secrets, stories, shadows and sleep. In fact, as soon as the ceiling had risen, Aaron climbed inside, gazed up at the shadows cast by the letters we cut out and pronounced that he would sleep here tonight.
Which, is exactly where he is snoring, this very minute. I'm sitting on the pillow-less couch, wondering where in the world Jonny is sitting. I know he's somewhere in Ohio, but I haven't even bothered to search google maps for his exact whereabouts. I guess that's what happens when you've finally come to your last residency interview. Phew.
Jared was bewildered by the transformed living room when he woke up from his nap. He didn't quite know how to lift the red blanket door to enter. Watching him examine it and experiment upon it made me giggle. He is such a funny little fellow. I adore him, in every possible way.
Every fort needs a great stack of books, so we made a slippery, snow covered trip to the library to return the old pile and search out books for a new one. As previously noted, Aaron is very "into" the Transformer series right now. We found a beginner reader one with The Devastator on the front. Nothing could have been a better cap on our day. Except, that is, having Daddy home with us to read it. Soon enough. Yes, soon enough.



No comments:
Post a Comment