Aaron's front tooth is loose. And it's irresistible. From the second he walked off the bus today he has been hard at work tugging on the poor thing.
I'm sure that my cringing only encouraged him to pull harder. In fact, I know it did. I never liked pulling my own teeth out and--as it turns out--I'm not a very good audience for it either. I am, however, very good at listening to Aaron play the violin. So you can imagine my inner turmoil today when he began tugging at his tooth during a group class recital. Hence, I took a picture. What else was there to do besides memorialize this moment in Aaron's life?I sure love going to and from violin with this guy. Practicing can be quite laborious for both of us, but Wednesdays are good days. He loves to chat with me about growing up and all the cool stuff he can do. And he can do a lot of cool stuff. At the lesson he plays his best. And he loves showing Mrs. Stirling what he can do. I love watching him soak in her stories and bask in her attention. When Aaron wore his "matching" mis-matched shoes (one red, one black...one on each foot) and she made a big deal about how genius his fashion statement was, he has worn them to every violin lesson since. Even to his little recital tonight. He played Allegro and Long Long Ago with great poise in those mis matched shoes.
And when he had to wait patiently for the group numbers to be announced, he did so while tugging on his tooth. It sort of feels like he is tugging on his childhood. And I don't want it to fall out. Aaron loves to be big. He loves the thought of growing old. And it's all happening so fast. Hang in there as long as you can baby tooth. Don't fall out.

1 comment:
Stop!! He's not old enough to loose a tooth! I can't believe it. He really is growing up!
Post a Comment