Playing peek a boo while on the tree swing with Davey in my arms, and the Aaron and J team taking the lead on "BOO!" can make any chore awesome. Even yard work.
Don't get me wrong. Pulling weeds is not awesome. But being outside, watching my boys turn a walkway into safety from the hot lava; seeing the pride on Aaron's face wen he beats me in a game of "who can unearth the crooked pathway the fastest;" listening to JJ plant the columbine roots in families; and watching the fascinated disgust on Davey's face as he examines a stick with his tongue...that is awesome.I don't know if I would do yard work if I didn't have these crazies keeping me company. We aren't the most efficient landscape crew, and all our other chores get left behind while we wedge dirt under our fingernails all afternoon. But we manage to have fun on the job.
Speaking of unexpected excitement, I went for a swim in utah lake with these wonderful people. And I kind of loved it. Once I got past the thought of demon fish lurking in water so shallow, yet so murky I couldn't see the bottom...and the muddy beach...and the smell...it was great! Really. I actually can't wait to go back because I'm sure my boys (jonny especially) would have a ball. I can smell the lakeside campfire burning already.




1 comment:
You are so cute!!! Miss you!
Post a Comment