Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Daddy Jog

Jonny has given me some "time off" in the morning to write.  It is energizing.  Honestly, it makes me feel like all of the ideas brewing in my brain have a chance.  It is the best gift, by far, that he could give me (and our family).

This afternoon when I came home Jonny casually said, "I went running with the boys this morning." I was shocked.  Running is not something Jonny does.  He does biking.  He does basketball.  He does flag football.  He does pull ups.  But, running?  No.  He doesn't.

"What happened?"  I asked.  "Well, JJ went to the front door and started knocking, so I let him go play in the hall," he explained. "And he ran strait for the bike room door, and knocked.  I thought that he wanted to ride his little car, so I opened it, but he went strait for the stroller saying, "loller! loller!"  And, he sat there patiently int he stroller for 20 minutes while we got ready, eating his snacks, waiting to go outside. I couldn't say no." Jonny explained.

"Wow!" I said, "So, how was it?"

"It was fine...do a lot of people look at you and smile while you're pushing the kids?"

(Burst of laughter).  "Yes, I guess they do."  I said.

I was still giggling at Jonny's observation after he left for class.  I wanted to get Aaron's perspective, so I asked him, "How was running with Dada this morning?"

"Good."  Aaron said.

His answer didn't give quite enough detail, so I pressed him a little more.  "So, it was so fun?" I asked.

"Yah." He said.

"Did he go so much faster than momma?" I asked.

"No, not really."  Aaron said.  "You're faster."

"Oh good." I said as I smiled, now satisfied.  "Maybe someday momma and dadda should race."


No comments: