"I learned how to walk without being sick," Aaron said tonight as he left his bed for the bathroom. And then, "I don't see things spinning anymore," with a smile on his face.
It brought me to tears. Again.
It's good to have days like this--to be reminded that it doesn't take much for the world to spin out of control. (At least for Aaron's world. And Aaron is my world). When it does, my stabilizers are God, and family, and humor.
We watched Cars 2 three times today. Three. It's hard to say "no" to a little boy who can't peel his head off his pillow. JJ enjoyed joining him from time to time, but most of the time he ran around playing "copy cat." Recently he picked up a frustrated screech that he uses to vent. He screeches when he doesn't get his way to let us know he's not happy about it. But, when it comes from Jared, it just makes us laugh. "Silly baby...he doesn't understand," Aaron says. And, he's right.
Jared also picked up on an awesome "raspberry" noise. Today he used it after he heard someone in our family (who shall remain nameless) toot. At first I didn't get his little joke. but, after repeatedly blowing air between his lips, I got it. I looked over his way and he had the funniest sly smile on his face, like he knew how hilarious his trick was. I couldn't stop laughing.
Tonight I told Aaron the true story of a boy who got dizzy. He was young. But, he was strong. His daddy gave him a blessing that through his life he would be able to endure this trial well. This little boy also loved cars SO much that he watched it three times in one day. (He laughed at that part). And his momma loved him SO much that she watched it too.
1 comment:
And GrandPatty wasn't there to help. Hope it doesn't last long.
Post a Comment