Sunday, March 01, 2009

Postponed
Thank you all for your well-wishing words, but unfortunately the croup got the better of us and Aaron's surgery has been postponed for another three weeks. The pediatric anesthesiologist won't put him under unless he is sure his lungs are completely clear and it usually takes four weeks from the time they catch the croup bug, so it will be better for Aaron in the long run. More quarantine time for us! I need to get creative to keep this little guy busy AND healthy for the next three weeks...any inspirational ideas?

6 comments:

Wilkinson Family said...

Hi Melinda, sorry to hear about the croup! Here are a couple of sites I like that have great activities for the little ones!
KIDDIO has great activities if you go to archives and look for 10 sure fire ways to entertain a toddler.
IDEA BOX has a list of categories on the left hand side where you might be able to find a game or craft.
MOMMY AND ME has a list also but is great because they are categorized by ages!

http://www.kiddio.org/
http://www.theideabox.com/
http://www.mommyandme.com/activities/

Amy F said...

For my ideas, look for a package in the mail... should be there next week. :)

Hang in there!

Semi Granola Mom said...

I love you background, the colors are beautiful and vibrant. Sorry to hear your little man has been sick, we keep trying to keep ours from it, he hasn't been to church in a long time... we take turns taking sister :) So semi quarintine :)
I bought a bubble gun at like big lots, that is hours of fun, whether in the tub or outside on these occasional nice days :) Though going out in the cold is good for croupe too, so yes, bubble gun :)
~C

Tish said...

jade's favorite indoor activity is when i take the cushions of the couch and make them like mini slides off the front of the couch. sorry to hear the surgery was postponed.

Kandas said...

Oh no. Hang in there. The only thing I've got is Elmo. My nephew loves Elmo, so when he gets restless I turn it on and it always works. Yeah, sorry I don't have anything better than that.

Hopefully it warms up because when it is warm outside you can just play outside.

Kandas said...

Hey Mel~
Thanks for the comment. Yes I created a whole new page and so when people ask for our blog address, I give them that one. I figure it is still a way for people to find us and to let us know they are interested in keeping touch with us but they have to be invited to do so. I hate when you get blog addresses and they are just private and there is no way to contact them to let them know that you would like to be invited to read their blog, so I am hoping that some-what solves that problem and protects us at the same time!!