Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Aaron and Eva
Oh how we love cousins.  I just wish all of Aaron's cousins were close enough to get together for regular "photoshoots."  
Oh how I need more tutoring in the photo-taking and photo-shopping department!  Lucky for me, Amber is much more talented in this arena (and I'm sure is dying to work on these).  But, here are a few of my favorites. 
Poor Aaron wasn't the best model this time around.  He was sporting two sharp bruises on his forehead and the most uncooperative strait hair.  He's a crazy sort of cute (and you wonder how he got the bruises). 
Eva is a much more cooperative subject, even though she loves to occasionally throw herself backwards into our makeshift backdrops.  I love the little birthmark on her arm, and her hound-dog cheeks.Amber and Drew are also much more photogenic than I.

At some point their clothes came off.  Drew saw what was happening and said, "How did this become a naked-fest?"  It had to happen, right?  I think she out chubbs him.
This was one of my favorite moments.  There are a series of shots that lead to Eva nearly taking out Aaron's hearing aid, but this was the best.  Eva was so excited by this new toy and Aaron could not have cared less.  Oh how we love cousins.

9 comments:

Kaitlyn and Kyle Shelley said...

Here is Kyle's comment after seeing the cute pictures...he always makes up random words to the nursery songs we sing every week with the nursery kids: 2 naked babies sitting in a tree, teasing Mr. mom and dad: "You can't catch me! You can't catch me"...along came Eva as quiet as can be and SNAP that hearing aid right out of the ear!. He thought it was pretty funny and I thought I would post it so maybe someone can recognize his song writing skills...sometimes his songs are worse than mom's jokes =)Cute pics Mel, Aaron and Eva are so cute!!!

Liz T. said...

The pics with the black back ground are my fave! Good luck Aaron with the surgery!

Amy F said...

Fun pictures... great memories to capture. Cousins are GREAT!! Thanks for having one for our kiddos!

And great songwriting by Kyle. Snap that hearing aid... too cute.

Kandas said...

Those pictures are so cute! What precious things to have of the two kids together!! I love them, and I love his crazy hair! It is too cute!

Dad (TMF) said...

His hair takes after his grandpa (you guess which one.)

A New Life Student said...

What amazing pictures! They are both so cute. That is so fun to have them close in age. Aaron looks like he is getting so big!
I hope you are hanging in there, keeping Aaron healthy and ready for surgery. I will be thinking and praying for you all! Keep us updated!

The Dahle's said...

How stinkin cute!!! I LOVE the pictures!! The naked one is ADORABLE! They look like they already have a special bond! so cute!

libby said...

fun pictures Mel! I love the one of Eva holding someone's hand. So cute! We're thinking of you today and tomorrow. I have you in my prayers.

Amy F said...

Good luck Aaron!!!!!