Happy Due Day!
Have you ever showed up to a party a week early, rushed to catch a bus that ended up being 20 minutes late, or worked diligently to complete a research paper on time just to have the professor give the class an extension? It's always a good feeling to know that you are prepared for the arrival of the "real thing," but it's hard to ignore the irony of deflated anticipation. February 6th is nearly over and we are not disappointed that our baby decided to pass up his "due date;" tonight we just feel like life's roller-coaster gave us a good teaser before we make the grand climb to our baby's birthday. At least we didn't let the day pass without a mini celebration. :)
15 comments:
We're going to see the doc tomorrow, and she just might have mel induced on the spot. :) We'll keep you posted.
To all who are curious, we saw the doc today. She is great. We did a nonstress test and checked my fluid levels--both are OK. I'm at a 22 fluid reading (on the upper end of normal) which may be why our baby is so content! She stripped my membranes (not as painful as it sounds, but not the most comfortable thing either) to help get the process moving along, so maybe we'll have some real contractions soon.
During the non-stress test they tape a few small round monitors on your belly, one to read your contractions and the other to monitor the baby's heart rate. As I sat in the chair the tape would get tighter and tighter every time a contraction came along. They haven't been all that painful yet, but the nurse was quite surprised I wasn't feeling a lot of pain (besides the tape that pinched my skin). She looked at me and said, "are you feeling these contractions?" I felt lucky they aren't too painful, but my guess is that when the real thing comes along I won't have any question about whether or not I am having real labor contractions. :) All is well...just waiting!
I keep checking to see if little baby boy Frandsen is here yet so I'm happy to hear that all is well while you wait. Good luck to you both in the mean time! And hey, maybe not feeling the contractions means you have a really high threshold for pain. Lucky! :) Keep us posted!
Looks like little Bruiser is already quite the party animal... no surprise considering his fun parents!
I keep my phone really close at all times lately. This is good for me... I'm missing a lot less calls.
And it is nice to know Bruiser isn't
"stressed" in there. Hope these contractions prove to be productive soon!
Ok, little Bruiser, February 8th has come and gone...were you born last night? Because that was my prediction!
Bruiser is having a reunion with President Hinckley and is not yet ready to come. But, soon. Maybe he will share Uncle Ron's Birthday. On the other hand, if he is born on Tuesday, we could call him Lincoln.
Ah...President Lincoln's birthday. Although I don't think his name will be Lincoln, I wouldn't mind at all if he decides to come tomorrow. :)
For all who are checking, no baby yet! I guess he just likes being in his mother's belly. Most likely we will be in for our induction on Wednesday morning. I don't know why the thought of an induction makes me more nervous than going into labor on my own...any suggestions Amy? Jill?
Hang in there, Mel! Tell Jonny to text us with the exciting news! Oh, and I never had any painful contractions before the actual labor either--just some back pain. Actual labor took me by surprise and took every advantage of my vulnerability :).
You poor thing!! I can't imagine going 5 days over my due date!! Kingston came 2 weeks early and I was so ready to be done! You are so tough!! I am so glad that we can be blogging buddies now!! It's such a great way to keep in touch. Can't wait to see the little guy!!
So many deliveries are induced now. It seems that nurses are quite used to administering petocin, etc. and monitoring it really well to get the best results. As with all things baby/deliveries, each person is different and responds to the petocin, etc. differently.
While going into labor "naturally" seems more ideal, I don't think being induced is something to be afraid of. While I can't compare an my two induced labors to any experience of naturally going into childbirth, I was grateful that when the contractions came, they came fast and were productive pretty fast as well. !
Can't wait for you to have a labor story! Good luck!
Mel, I never went into labor either. 2 c-sections. The nice thing about it (if you're planning on an epidural) you won't have to deal with too much unnecessary pain because you'll already be in the hospital and can ask for the epidural right when you're ready. I think it sounds great! Good luck!
Can't wait to hear about everything... an exciting day, I'm sure...
Yea! So glad to hear about your new little one! Wish I could be there to see him! Hope all is well! Post some pics!
Just realized that little Bruiser is sitting in his pack 'n play in this picture. Hope you had help getting out of that thing, Mel!
Post a Comment