Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Showered.

We have been extremely blessed to have so much help preparing for the arrival of our little one. Thank you all so much for your love and support. Here is a special thank you dance from the Jonny Jr:



We were showered with generosity from all our friends and family. As Jonny said, "this is one spoiled little baby." And I am certainly one spoiled mommy. Jonny even received the coveted Diaper Genie gift he was hoping for. What a spoiled dad.
It was great to see so many friends and family at the showers. I feel bad that I don't have any pictures from the shower Aunt Joan threw for Anna and me, but here are a few fun pictures of the baby showers hosted by the Isaacs and my friends.


My "nesting" instincts have kept me quite occupied for the last few months. Cleaning, organizing, decorating, making lists, arranging and rearranging...it has been a lot of fun. Jonny has been a great sport through it all. He even gave me a rocking chair for Christmas. I think he searched all over Utah to find a black rocker that would match the crib. I love it.

And I think everything is finally put together. Here is a video of the finished baby room for all who are interested (ignore the wallpaper and curtains that are a part of Grandma's unalterable room decor). :) Now all we have left to do is have the baby!

18 comments:

The Dahle's said...

mel you are so cute! i love u and am so excited for u! i so remember getting the room ready and just needing baby :). i can't wait for u to enter the journey of motherhood it is the greatest blessing in the world!

Jill T said...

I lOVED the videos! How great that you got bruiser on film inside your belly! And what a great tour of the nursery. Very cute! I like Jonny's shoes hanging up.

paul said...

a great room.

great belly.

great parents.

MJ said...

Thanks Amber, Jill and Paul! We are sure excited. It has been fun to dig through all of our baby pictures and paraphernalia and imagine what the little one will look like. It seems a lot more real as the days progress and we just wait for him to make his grand entrance into the world.

Elise said...

That dancing belly was great! It will be so fun to have later too! I wish I'd recorded one of Violet's belly dance :).

Amy F said...

Looks like you are good and ready!! Tomorrow is my prediction day... here's hoping for an exciting phone call!!

Love your selections for the walls. Your sentimentality is admirable... and so adorable.

And thanks for giving us a side-shot in the mirror. Looking good, Mel and Bruiser!!

Elyse said...

I'm loving the baby dance! How fun! Can't wait for that little guy to come. Have you decided on a name yet? Oh yes-the diaper genie is the best! To answer your question-I go to this website to get some of my wallpaper for the blog: http://www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/

MJ said...

Thanks Amy! I can't believe how big my side shot is now a days. It even startles me when I look in the mirror. I guess that's part of being 9 months pregnant huh?

Oh, and sorry to disappoint, no baby today, but it's a very good thing. Jonny came down with a horrible stomach flu and I just might get it too...so the longer the little guy can hang on, the better.

Elyse, thanks for the blog link! We don't have an official pick for the name yet, but we are leaning toward David Isaac Frandsen. We'll see if it fits when he arrives. I hope you are all doing well.

Dad (TMF) said...

Mel: Glad to hear Jonathan is feeling better and that you are not yet sick. It would be terrible to be 'sick' and 'tired' of being pregnant. May the phone ring at the right time.

Dad (TMF) said...

How did the 'side' picture turn out on temple hill. Maybe you can post it.

MJ said...

We too are relieved that the sickness has somehow bypassed me (or maybe it's just waiting for the most inconvenient time to show its ugly face...hopefully not the same day the baby decides to show us his cute face).

We will have to get some "final weeks" pictures up soon enough. We are getting more and more anxious as the days pass by...one week until our "due date!"

Amy F said...

!!!

I left my phone in the car most of the day today and just about died when I realized it. But, no missed calls...

Don't get too anxious. Remember... little bruiser is much easier to care for while he is INside...

Jill T said...

yes, but so much more fun to hold when he's on the outside!

MJ said...

Amy and Jill--I agree. :)

I started having more noticeable contractions last night...nothing regular, or all that painful, but still exciting! Jonny was so excited and curious about the tightening of my stomach he almost called Paul at 1:00am. I reassured him that anything I am able to sleep through isn't much to worry about, yet. We got checked today just to ease our minds and I'm not much further dilated, but the baby sure has descended. Who knows how long from now, but it sure is nice to feel like bruiser is thinking about joining us some time soon, rather than wondering if he is ever going to come out. :)

The Dahle's said...

has baby bruiser arrived yet :). i tagged u on my blog mel if u want to do it if not thats ok lol. if u want to go to my blog for details!

Amy F said...

That picture of Jonny putting the rocking chair together is funny to me... looks like he got down and is playing it like an electric guitar. Go Jonny... rock on!

We are thinking of you and keeping our cell phone close. !!

Amy F said...

Oh, and I want to change my guess to the 6th. It would be so fun for the girls to have Bruiser as a birthday twin!!

MJ said...

Amy, you're right! I've never looked at the picture of jonny that way before, but it does look like he's rocking out on the rocking chair. :)

Well, it's my due date and this baby aint doin nothin! Possibly an induction tomorrow? We'll let you all know!