"A" is for Aaron
It's hard to believe that it has already been one week since Aaron entered our lives. He cast a spell on us that makes it hard to distinguish day from night, hard to worry about anything but diaper counts, and hard to focus on anything but his adorable ever-changing expressions. See what I mean?
There have been many unforgettable moments with him in the past week, but here are a few highlights:
As with all little boys, diaper changes are tricky. If you're not fast enough you end up changing more than just his diaper because of unrestrained waterworks displays. On one such occasion while Jonny was changing him Aaron urinated in his own face. Poor guy. We couldn't help but laugh at the bewildered expression that came across his face. I wish I had a picture of that, but this one will have to suffice.
Another great moment was when he gave his first two smiles to Jonny. I know babies usually don't "social smile" until about five or six weeks (all the smiles before then are supposedly because of gas...or at least that's what they say), but when he was wide awake, staring at his daddy, he smiled right at him, and then did it again at Jonny's coaxing. We didn't catch a picture of that sweet smile, but here is something close to it:
Finally, many of my favorite moments with Aaron involve his sweet little hands. I love how he reaches out to feel everything that's in front of him, especially my hair and skin. I love how he juts his arms into the air and spreads his fingers when he's angry. I love how he rubs his hands together when he's content. His hands are one of my favorite things.
Ok. That's enough doting for one post. We sure love this little guy. I feel so lucky to be his mother.
15 comments:
What a good looking kid. I see you changed the blog again. It looks good. :)
Oh, he is so sweet. And I love your description of his hands. Besides his, uh, cries... his hands are probably the most expressive part of him...?? Thanks for sharing a mother's observations.
You've probably learned the trick to have a little washcloth on the changing table for prevention of "accidents." The joys of boys are many!!
congrats you two. You both are going to be great parents! He is way cute!
Congrats!! He looks just like Jonny! He really is a sweetie! Aren't they so much fun!! Don't worry, the diaper changing gets easier! You figure out how to avoid those wonderful waterworks!! Kingston has gotten himself in the face many times!! Boys will be boys!! He really is a cutie! Have fun!
nice to hear from you melinda.
it's a good thing urine is sterile...
Paul: When I first heard the story, that is the same thing I said--Good thing urine is sterile.
I held him for 45 minutes tonite. So cute. So content. So baby like.
Whitnee--good to see you on th blog! He is a Jonny Jr. It's amazing how much their baby pictures look alike. We are having so much fun with him, and every day seems to bring something new.
Chance--welcome as well! Thanks for your encouragement. We are certainly learning, but we love it.
Amy and Paul, as always, thanks for your comments. We are sure learning the "tricks" quickly. We are up for any other suggestion!
Dr's Frandsen... I don't buy this whole "urine is sterile" thing... and I cringe every time I hear it.
urine is sterile. trust me.
Mel, I can give you some pointers....or I can just take some pictures of Aaron for you!! I do that you know! Since I am trying to start up my buisness and need some more pictures for my portfolio I would give you a discount since you would be helping me out too! Let me know, I would love to do it!! Newborn pics are so fun!
Melinda!!!
I am so happy I found you! I just saw your blog through Whitnee's. I am so happy for you and Jonny. Your little Aaron is so cute. He looks so much like his Daddy! I had a baby girl on Feb. 12th. Babies are amazing blessings aren't they? I am adding you to my blog so we can keep in touch!!!
Love,
Ashley (Anderson) Miller
Frandsens!! Congratuations!! man, I knew you were pregnant, but that was fast!! easy for me to say! what a cute little guy!! you guys are going to do so great, congratulations!
Oh my gosh! That Blue Steel comment cracks me up! Looks like that little boy isa keeper! Can't wait to see him!
Melinda-You guys look so adorable with him. You are making me baby hungry and that is not good.
I was watching American Idol tonight and I just have to tell you that you are identical to that Brooke White girl that is on there. I have heard some other people say that too. I am sure you have heard that before. Anyways, I had to say something about it.
Good luck with everything. You guys did a good job with the cute babe!!
Congrats both of you!! I am so excited, he is so adorable. I found your blog throuh someone else's... hope you don't mind!! Congrats again!!!
Post a Comment