Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lafe is...Having Lafe stay with us is always a treat. We were honored with his company last night to help fill in the gaps while Mom's in California. Jonny sure enjoys his "brother time." I feel badly we didn't have better treats for Lafe to enjoy, but he did fill up on Sprite while he was here.

I was treated this morning with one of the best laughs I have had in a long time, thanks to Lafe. When Jonny left for classes he gave Lafe the bottle of suave hair spray to use after he got out of the shower to perfect his sexy do. I was on the bike while Lafe got ready in the bathroom and when he came to tell me he was ready for breakfast I could smell a strangely familiar, potent aroma. I went into the bathroom to find this can of aerosol "hairspray" I received for my bridal shower. Now, in fairness to Lafe it does say hairspray on the can, and it's name is very similar to the big sexy hair line of products he received for Christmas, but this hairspray is more like a perfume that was designed by Victoria Secret to impress that special someone on hot dates. I had a hard time holding back the laughter as I tried to fan out the bathroom. I am guessing that Lafe wasn't impressed by the cheap hairspray he was offered by Jonny, so he went searching through our bathroom cabinet to find something a bit sexier than suave. He sure smelled good on the way to school today. Lafe is so sexy.



8 comments:

Dad (TMF) said...

Was the residue on the counter 3 feet thick like it is at home?

MJ said...

Not quite 3 feet, but there was definitely residue. I think the carpet in the bathroom will also carry the sexy smell for quite some time.

Stephen said...

lafe's bringing sexy back

Jill T said...

that is too funny. I'd love to hear the comments from the girls at school!

Amy F said...

Yeah, Lafe... did it work??

paul said...

lafe definitely brings it.

Dad (TMF) said...

Per Jonathan and Mel's instruction, Lafe is not privy to this post. But, he did have a new 'do' for church today. It wasn't wings. It was the 'messed up' style.

MJ said...

I liked Lafe's new 'do,' and I was glad we were able to see its debut. I'm very fond of the messed-up look. It's the do Jonny sported throughout high school. :)