My Little Monster's Jammin Party
My little Aaron is three. I don't know how it all happened so quickly, but he is. Crazy. Here is the evidence of his monster truck birthday party. Oh we had fun.

The most important element of his party was the cake. He talked to me about it for weeks--changing his mind every so often, but he finally settled on an "i-screamer" cake. This sweet little monster truck is from the Disney Short film "Monster Truck Mater." We highly recommend it.

It took all the self control this little man could muster not to pull the truck from the cake when he saw it at the beginning of his party.

It was so fun to see Aaron turn three. He knew it was his special day. He knew it meant he was moving onward and upward on the "tall" scale (soon to be tall enough in his mind to be potty trained, I hope). He was so excited to join the ranks of the big boys.

The cake wasn't everything I hoped, but Aaron was happy. That's all that matters. Why is it that I'm always decorating the cake twenty minutes before the party begins? Good thing it was a simple one this time around.

Our activity turned out to be a lot of fun. We made monster trucks out of apple boxes. The kids decorated their truck, named it, went on parade, then came to our drive-in movie to watch Mater Monster truck.

It was so cute, and Grandpatty was a such a great sport (as always) to allow such an extravagant mess in her basement. Good thing there were no major spills or wandering markers.

Leading up to and planning Aaron's party was as much fun as the actual event. He loved going to the store to choose birthday supplies. He saved them all in a large green bag and would look at them every day until his big day. He loved choosing the toys to go in the treat bags. He loved making the invitations with me. I loved every moment preparing with him.

Oh how I love my boys. It's amazing how quickly time goes by. I can already picture myself planning Jared's third birthday with him. I wonder what he'll choose. I wonder what he'll love to do. I'm glad my boys will have each other's birthdays to celebrate as the years pass. I hope they don't pass too quickly.
1 comment:
awh so cute, they grow up so darn fast! happy birthday aaron!
Post a Comment