Monday, September 06, 2010

Boys will be Boys
At the end of August Aaron and I took a walk to Red Butte Gardens. It's just a little hike from our apartment, but I was pushing the double stroller with Aaron and baby Jared attached at the belly. Aaron must have noticed the deep breaths I was taking because he repeatedly shouted phrases of encouragement from his little chariot. "You can do it Mama!" he said again and again as we made our way up the hill.
It was a beautiful day and there were so many things to explore. Aaron ditched his shoes early on and found a group of giggling boys to follow. Though he was about a year or two younger than the boys, he assumed that he was a full fledged partner in crime. They ran amok, exploring the trails, daring to cross over the stone pathways in the pond, pretending to "blast off" in imaginary rocket ships and completely ignoring the mother with the camera straggling behind.
It made me extremely excited and rather nervous to have a couple crazy boys in my home. I look forward to the brotherly bonds Aaron and Jared will develop. I'm sure they will make their fair share of mayhem in our home, but I'm also sure I'll learn a lot from them and their relationship.
I can't wait for brothers.

No comments: