Thursday, July 08, 2010

Uncle Imitation
Aaron rarely hams it up for the camera, so these shots are particularly adorable, especially because he was pretending to be Uncle Lafe. His Uncle Lafe persona usually surfaces when he puts on a hat. Then he proceeds to jump around, as if playing basketball. He loves his uncles.
When Aaron pretends to be uncle Dallin he is hilarious. He says, "I Dallin," then mimics a classic "Dallin making the nieces and nephews laugh" trick by bonking his head, then wobbling it back and forth while making funny noises.
Since the Frandsen family reunion a couple weeks ago Aaron has occasionally taken on an Uncle Stevie character. When he morphs into Uncle Stevie he says, "I Uncle Stevie. I have a beard," then he strokes his chin.
Stephen and Aaron had a sweet bonding moment at the reunion. Before then Aaron had been more (how to put it?) afraid of his facial hair than interested. But the tide has turned. Stevie came outside to talk and play with Aaron and this is how their conversation went:
Stephen: What's up Aaron?
Aaron: Stevie, you have a beard...
Stephen: Yes Aaron, I do.
Aaron: (pause)...I have cochlears.
Stephen: Cool cochlears, Aaron.
And, since Aaron is pretending he has a beard, I'm guessing that he thinks Uncle Stephen's beard is pretty darn cool too.


3 comments:

Loveridge Life said...

That is so stinking cute! He is so funny!!

Amy F said...

Cute Mr. Aaron. I love the family connection he feels. We love being a part of his life...

Stephen said...

oh now that is just cute. I'll never shave the beard.