Friday, June 04, 2010

Growing.
I just want to be sure I remember this day in the book that I hope this blog will become. I felt the little life inside me move tonight. And, it moved me. I wonder who this little person is and will be. I know (s)he has specific tastes: tomatoes, fries and vinegar. Yum. (S)he's been mean to my stomach, but so far has been nice to my stress-o-meter. I know that his baby will be a second child...like me. I will know the baby's gender in a couple of weeks. But, I know so very little about this little someone who will be such a big part of my life. Strange, but not knowing everything doesn't freak me out as much as it once did. Maybe I'm growing into my apron strings after all.

6 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Congrats! I can't wait to start to feel my little nudger- I'm hoping within the next week or two!!! I'm so excited for you!

Amy F said...

Oh, the first movements and all the wonder and questions and hope. You are certainly an expertly prepared second-time mom. You will be wonderful!

We all can't wait to learn about him/her... I hope (s)he cooperates for the ultrasound!!

Natalie said...

I loved the first movement, so fun! Hey when you and Julie both know the sex of your little peanuts I would love to throw you a joint shower :)

NJ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's obvious this isn't news to everyone else, but I haven't read blogs for while and this is news to me!! How exciting to be pregnant again and have another little angel on the way. Hooray!

Dad (TMF) said...

The grandkids stand at 3-3. So, a boy or a girl would be a tie breaker for us.

Ericson Fam said...

Congrats Mel and Jonny on the new addition. Hope you get feeling better soon. Oh and good luck to Jonny with his testing. I can't even imagine. I found your blog from Ambers and I love it.