Monday, May 24, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon
You may or may not be aware that we have a little dragon living in our home. He sneaks around, roars up a storm, and sometimes he even catches other dragons...then puts them in the dishwasher.
I love playing in his imaginary world. We often go on rides in nana's new car, meet Abby and Beckah at the Dinosaur museum, play in the sky at Grandpatty's house or ride on the train at the Zoo with Ryan, Zachy and Eva. It's obvious where he comes up with some of his make believe plot lines. But, then there are scenarios that come at me from left field: like yesterday when it snowed (isn't it almost June?) and we were playing in the hall and he decided to turn our shoes blue because blue shoes=fast running. He also loves throwing birthday parties for his cars--complete with original bday songs and blowing out candles.
The funniest part of our games is that even though he is playing the part of the dragon, I'm the one who's being trained. Yesterday he was convinced that since he bonked his head on the corner, I should do the same thing. The poor guy was hurting and angry, and through his tears kept pleading, "Mama bonk head on the corner too?" After an hour of this and a second accidental bonk, I gave in and he laughed his tears away. I can't count how many times he told me to "sit down on the grass right now, mama" as we were playing outside. And, he still occasionally complains about my hair being pulled back. He's not pretending any more. Am I being trained? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I guess I don't really mind when he's that cute.

2 comments:

Jenny M said...

Your blog is cute :) I love the header photo. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I had Cami during our 3rd year, too, and it all worked out!
Best wishes!

-Jenny

Dad (TMF) said...

It is no myth. Blue does equal fast. Look at his eyes!