Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Watch
Yesterday Aaron came up with a new word, "watch," when we came back from the grocery store. I let him play in our apartment building's windowed cover while I put few things away. He seemed to like the area because he quickly told me to "Go away," then proceeded to dirty his diaper while staring out the window. I asked him if he wanted to go to the bathroom in his toilet instead, but he refused (as usual) and repeated his "go away" request. So, I gave him his space. When he finished his business I came back to see him standing with his face pressed against the window. He turned around and said, so clearly, "Watch!" So I knelt down beside him and watched as he slid his tongue across the cold window pane. "There it is!," he said, pointing at the saliva residue. I was so proud of his discovery, and his ability to explain how much he enjoyed creating a spit pool on the window. I even let him repeat the routine a few more times. Here is a video of another "watch" routine he rehearsed yesterday.

In the past couple days Aaron has entered another age appropriate language burst. It's simply amazing to hear my deaf child verbalize his ideas so clearly. I thank God every day for the miracle of his Cochelar Implants and for the motivation he gives me to keep going with all of his speech and listening therapy. I'm applying for mainstream (not school for the deaf) preschool this month and I still can't believe that: a)my baby is that old; and b) that he is so able. Now, if only I could get him to sit on the toilet when he knows he needs to go...

6 comments:

Jill T said...

Awesome. Isn't is amazing what joy a few simple words can bring!?

Auger Family said...

he is so cute! It's amazing what kids thing are neat! I bought the best potty training book online. It is an e-book. It is kinda expensive ($25) but it has worked with Lillie, my nephew, two of my neighbors kids (a boy and a girl). If you have three days you can set aside for you and Aaron I can guarantee he will be potty trained! It is a miracle book! :)

3daypottytraining.com

Miss ya! Hope everything else is going good!

Covey said...

Melinda! How is he so handsome! I love reading your blog! We definitely need to catch up sometime soon. Lots of love.

Elise said...

Wow, preschool already? I can't believe it!

Amy F said...

So fun to share new discoveries... and I love that you share them with us! I hope he leaves his mark on my sliding glass window sometime...

Dad (TMF) said...

I watched!