You know you're married to a med student when:
Jonny has had one crazy week of med school testing. About every three weeks they have block testing when all that the first year students do for three entire days is test. Jonny has been a champ--studying late into the night and early in the morning to cement the material he has been studying for a couple weeks now...he was even sleeping with his head on the opposite end of the bed so that he wouldn't catch the miserable cold I contracted (not sure if this technique really works, or if it is even a good idea, but he hasn't caught it yet). Well, today he finished this block of testing and needless to say it was a big relief. Poor overtired Jonny fell asleep on the floor in our front room tonight as he was watching a game and I was working on a crochet project. When I figured it was time to head off to bed I pulled him off the floor and pointed him in the direction of our bedroom. I went to brush my teeth when I heard a request coming from the bedroom. Here is the gist of our conversation:Jonny: Mel, can you bring me the ur...(dosing off to sleep)
Mel: What honey? What do you want me to bring
-Nevermind.
-No, what, I don't mind, what do you need?
-You know, the thing that carries liquid...
-You want a cup, a cup with water?
-No, a Ureter.
-A what?
-A Ureter, the thing that carries urine from the kidney to the...
-(laugh) Jonny, you don't want a Ureter. I love you, go to sleep.
9 comments:
Ha Ha Ha! That's so funny! Believe me, there will be plenty more of day and nights when he's so tired that nothing makes sense. Lots more. When we were moving out here for residency we were unpacking and I found this box that Mike had labeled "Bowels". I was like "what the heck is this?" When I opened it up it was our kitchen bowls. I just had to laugh and laugh.
So funny! I have heard many stories like this from Med students, it is so amazing the way that they completely immerse themselves in the material, and stressful. There's just really no other way they can make it through. Not just anybody can be a Med student.It looks like he'll eventually move onto the intestines according to Elyse.
Ha ha! I know Jeff has sometimes asked for weird things like that when he's so tired. Keep up the good work, Jonny! And we need to get together again with Janell when we're all free!
lol love that!!!
So funny- is this what I have to look forward to? LOL...
That is way funny, you know I can totally relate. The other night Hannah woke up crying in the middle of the night. I went in and got her back to sleep and when I came back to bed Jack said, "how is she?" I said, "fine." Then he said, "What about the wolf baby?" I asked him what wolf baby he was referring to, but he was already back asleep...
HA ha ha ha! That was so funny- I laughed out loud. I can tell Jonny is going to be an AMAZING doctor because he is so entirely immersed in it. Thanks for working so hard for the better good. :) I love you both.
That is too funny! I remember those days watered down by about 100 because my anatomy class was just the first level...but still tough right. Bless his heart, he is going to be an amazing Dr! You are lucky to have such a hard working hubby! I hope he got some sleep. I feel like I haven't seen you in a while,...no pizza factory lately? Me either. I've missed you at club...are you gonna come this month? I would love to catch up with you! Love ya Mel!
He was acutally asking for lemonade! (You must learn the meaning behind dreams.)
Post a Comment