Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A few of my favorite things
A post by Aaron Frandsen

Every day I look forward to doing a few of my favorite things. Some things we do every day. Other things we only do once in a while, but I am sure learning which things are my favorite. Here are a few of them:
1. Brushing teeth with mom. I'm glad this is something we get to do every day. Most of the time mom has to try really hard to convince me to let go of the toothbrush. I would crawl around with it in my hand and chew on it all day if she would let me.
2. Playing the piano. This is also something I get to do every day. While mom is changing my diaper I wiggle away and make a run (well, crawl I guess for now) for the piano at the back of my room. I'm actually really good at localizing--listening to the tones and judging which side of the keyboard the sound is coming from. 3. I love going outside. I usually get to play around in our park after mom and I go running, or in the afternoon when all of the neighborhood kids are out. I swing, go on wagon rides, laugh at the other kids, pull out the grass, try to eat the acorns and make mom help me walk around and around the side walks.


4. Getting my hair cut. I know I look a little unsure in these pictures, and maybe I did cry a bit when mom but the buzzer up to my head, but I looked so cute after mom was done. It took mom a while to convice dad it was time to cut my hair. He was quite sentimental about cutting away the hairs that had been with me since I was in mom's belly. Dad loved my natural mohawk.
5. Watching motab. This was a new thing for me last week...a lot of people moving their mouths in unison, wearing the same flowing dresses and making crazy sounds. I thought it was really something.
6. Helping mom make new friends (and then pulling their hair). I help a lot with this, actually. A lot of people think I'm cute and just start talking to me, so mom starts talking to them. I'm glad I can help. These are some of our new med school friends--friends for mom when dad's lurking in the library late at night studying for tests.
7. Going to the zoo. Sure, the animals are neat, but most of the time I like watching the other kids running around. I also think it's funny and a little embarrassing when mom and dad make noises at the animals, trying to make them move.
8. Spending time with family. I love visiting my cousins. Cousins Michael, Bekah, Abby and Ella were here this week. Mom is sad she didn't get any pictures of us playing together. I really had a lot of fun with them. I also have a lot of fun smiling with Eva and tring to grab her face. Grandpatty always makes me laugh, and she sneaks me good food just like a Grandma should. She came to the zoo with Auntie Judy, Aunt Amy and the Frandsen cousins this week. We had a lot of fun.
Aunt Kaitlyn is taking a sign language class. She came down from Logan to watch conference with us this weekend and she couldn't stop signing to me. I really liked watching her story about her high school adventures...
At least until she started signing about poop.
9. Taking out my hearing aids. I don't know why it's one of my favorite things, maybe because of the way mom looks at me when I do it. I still can't figure out her crinkled expression and the meaning of that word she says, "no." Maybe some day I'll understand.10. Watching Daddy play football. This is a favorite thing I get to do every week. Dad started a competitive intermural football team with some of his med school buddies. They're actually really good, 3-0 so far. Daddy plays quarterback and really enjoys it. Mom says Dad looks like he thinks he's pretending to be a part of the BYU football team. This week he jumped really high and intercepted the other team's football in the endzone, landing with a sweet backward roll. It was awesome.
I also like wearing dad's had during the game.
11. Finally, one of my favorie things is falling asleep on my dad. It doesn't happen very often because mom tries really hard to make me go to bed on time, but when Dad is home, sometimes I can get away with an extra half hour or so. It is definately one of my favorite things.

6 comments:

Elyse said...

Now I feel like singing "These are a few of my favorite things" from The Sound of Music. What an adorable little boy. How are you surviving med school?

libby said...

He's getting so old--I can't believe it! I was struck by how blonde he is in these pictures! I guess it makes sense, considering who his parents are...

I love to catch up with Aaron by reading your posts! Wish we were closer!

Semi Granola Mom said...

Jasmin says "Baby Aaron is cute, I like his hair" :)

Liz T. said...

Aaron is so cute and smart. I love hearing about all of the sweet things he is doing. I can't believe you guys are really at the point where you are in Med School, good luck!

Jill T said...

Cute post Aaron! I hope we see more of these!

Old Main Photography said...

That is such a sweet post, Aaron. I know that Eva loves you too, and that you two are going to be the best buddies! Love, Aunt Amber