Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I didn't teach him that.
A few of Aaron's new phrases delight and concern me:
"NO WAY"
as in-
Me: Aaron can you please give Cameron back his truck? It's time to go.
Aaron: NO WAY!
"Dadda's cool!"
as in:
Me: Do you want to take the garbage out with dada?
Aaron: Dada's cool.
(guess who taught him that one...)
"OH, OH, OH!"
As we strolled through the Festival of Trees Aaron used this phrase over and over again to draw my attention to items that excited him immensely (like the enormous Santa he stared at for nearly five minutes and still can't stop talking about).
HEY!
as in:
Me: Aaron let's clean up your toys it's time to take a nap. (I then begin to shuffle his toys away)
Aaron: HEY!
I didn't teach him these phrases, or at least I didn't intend to teach them to him. Regardless, it's a great sign his implants are working and he's adapting well to them. Maybe some of these rascals taught him these new favorite phrases...

7 comments:

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Lillie has quite a few of these "I didn't teach you that" phrases. Like yesterday, she had my phone and when I asked for it back she put up her first finger and said "In a minute mom." I almost died laughing. It is almost more of a joy to me to see her learn things I didn't intent to teacher her, she just figures it out on her own.

Kandas said...

Kids truly do say the funniest things. I love it. Too cute!

By the way, that cake you made for Jonny's boards is adorable. You are an excellent wife and mom!

FPrince said...

Ha ha! Kids are too smart, but I'm sure it is a relief to you to have him adapt normally to speech. Yea! The other day Maren tried to put a noodle from her tray into MY mouth and just started laughing hysterically. Funny kids.

Amy F said...

Oh oh oh! That Santa WAS pretty neat-o!

mom/shauna said...

It is amazing what little phrases these little ones come up with.

Speaking of "Festival of Trees..." Pat, Michael Zach and I saw your beautiful, creative tree. It was our personal favorite.

Dad (TMF) said...

Patty's car is the cutest phrase.

Old Main Photography said...

I love his little phrases too! Cute pics. Love you!