BOO!Halloween was a lot of fun this year. About one month ago we borrowed a monkey costume from Amy's stash and Aaron would still be wearing it if I let him. The night we traveled home with the monkey costume he refused to take it off while in the car. He discovered after about twenty minutes that it was very warm in the monkey. Nevertheless, he did not want me to take it off. What a silly little monkey.

He wore his costume on many occasions this month. My favorite was the Haunted Orchestra concert put on by the University of Utah orchestra. Dallin, my little brother, accompanied us to the event and it was a spectacular, kid friendly concert. The aisles to the hall were adorned with pumpkins and skelatons. When Aaron caught his first glimpse of them he blurted out a playful scream. The entire orchestra dressed up, they performed spooky themes from Spiderman, Superman, Aida and some other comical Halloween numbers. Aaron really loved listening to all of the instruments, sitting in my lap for the first 3/4 of the show. Then they had the costumed attendees parade around the room...and Aaron just didn't want to stop parading.

We did a lot of Halloween play, practicing our scary faces, making decorations, going to play groups, reading spooky books and eating treats. Oh he loves treats...especially suckers. We went trick or treating with Paul and Amy's family. It was such a great way to begin our trick or treating traditions with Aaron (thank you for the invite). He loved to follow his cousins to the bowl of candy, screaming "suckor" with enthusiasm if he saw one. He wanted to eat the pieces he collected immediately, sitting right back down in the stroller and twiddling the wrappers in his fingers.

Jonny and I attempted a Tarzan and Jane jungle theme with Aaron, but we ended up looking more like cavemen. I guess that works too. :) Aaron jumped with fear when he saw my hair ratted high on my head. It was quite funny when he started patting it down.

We ended the night at my Uncle Rob and Aunt Becky's home. They must have spent all week preparing their house for Halloween night. They had billowing fog machines, giant spiders, dancing witches, and creepy ghouls hanging out all over their house. All Aaron wanted to do was sit on the front porch and watch the giant spider jump at passers by. He laughed most every time. What a funny little monkey. Happy Halloween!
6 comments:
sounds like a great halloween!
You guys were soooo cute! Sorry Jonny... I mean cool! We loved trick-or-treating with you.
Aaron was a champ in the cold, and was an expert at getting back into his chariot a.k.a stroller to go to the next house. I loved that he loved the halloween decorations.
I love the costumes. That's too funny that Aaron didn't want to take his off, I guess that's better then not letting you put it on. I remember fighting McKay's brothers for hours when they were little trying to get their costumes on. My nieces are the same as Aaron they wanted to wear their witch dresses to church!! Looks like you guys had a good time!
you two make very attractive cavemen. and your pet monkey isn't too bad either. :)
I made the fajitas, and they were super yummy, so thanks!! you're the best!
Hey seester! I wish you could have taken pictures in the leaves with us too. Come over- the Kidman's have tons of leaves in their backyard!
Okay Amy's "chariot" comment was too funny!! So clever. Good one, Amy!
I loved, LOVED your costumes. You're so cute to go all out and do a family theme. Cavemen, lol! I didn't think that until you said it. :) You make a darling Tazan and Jane with little monkey family. :) Love ya!
Can Jonathan yodel like Tarzan?
Post a Comment