Sleeping with Shoes
Anyone who has been around Aaron at a large gathering where shoes are left by the door would know that Aaron loves shoes. Or maybe it's that Aaron loves the people who own the shoes. In any case, he loves shoes.
I just never thought he would love shoes enough to sleep in them. When Aaron went to bed the other night he refused to take off the new shoes Grandpatty bought him. When Grandpatty gave them to him, it was love at first sight. He ditched his shark sandals and put the shoes on immediately. They are a couple sizes too big (supposed to be for next season), but he didn't seem to mind--even when the overhang kept getting caught on his bike tire. And now whenever we ask him where his eyes are, he points at the eyes on his new shoes (spongebob square pant's eyes). He also requests his "eye shoe" when we are headed out the door. A few other little things happened in the past few days that I don't want to forget. I let Aaron take his new (to us) tricycle down to the mailbox at the Heritage Center. He was a hoot to watch rolling up and down the tile floors and the halls to the mail room saying "popsicle." So, we went home to get a popsicle and Aaron was so excited when we reached our building he was screaming popsicle so loudly that I had to "shhh" him as we walked down our hall. As soon as I said "shhh" he stopped suddenly in the hall, lied down and pretended to be asleep in the middle of our hallway. Sshhh is the "ling" sound we use in his listening therapy for babies sleeping. He is a very good listener.
A few days ago when I went to do laundry at my Mom's house Aaron heard Jake playing the piano downstairs. We went down to listen to him and Aaron walked past the piano right into Jake's room, mesmerized by all the guitars hanging from his walls. So Jake plugged in his guitar to the amp and started strumming away. Aaron listened for a minute, then I told him to come strum the guitar. He left the room, which I thought was strange because he seemed so interested in Jake's guitar playing. But, it wasn't long before he returned holding his own guitar--the guitar hero guitar. Cute.
9 comments:
Mel! I Love you, enough said! :)
So cute! I can't blame him. I love shoes too!! LOL
I love when he puts my shoes on! He is so full of personality... I love how he is growing up. Grandpatty related his shoe-sleeping habit to me today. Can't wait to see his "eye shoes."
What a stud!!!! You guys did good.
Cute guitar story!
This post makes him seam so old. He is growing up so fast! My favorite is the sleeping in the hallway. What a cute little guy. :)
Watching him model his shoes reminded me of trying to run faster than the cars in my new Keds whenI was young.
So sweet! I can't believe how big he is getting.
So cute! Violet loves knock knock jokes too--we'll have to get them together at Christmas so they can tell them to each other :).
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment