Monday, July 06, 2009

Nursery
This is how we all felt when we got home from church on Sunday.  It was our first day in nursery last Sunday and we had a ball.  In our new ward Jonny and I were called to be nursery leaders and are we love it.  Granted it was only our first day, but I think it's going to be great fun, and great practice if we're ever going to have ten kids.
Aaron loved play time, was extremely confused when the accordion door closed the toys in one side of the room and all the kids sat in a semi circle on little chairs.  But, he warmed up once we sang a few familiar songs.  He loved the walk around the chapel and liked snack time--until the toys came out again and he was ready to play.  When we got home he insisted on taking his car to his bed.

I never gave into this request before, but considering his exhausted state, I wasn't ready to fight this battle.  He was appreciative and went right to sleep, hugging his car.

5 comments:

Cory & Alli said...

I LOVED being in nursery! So much fun! When we got released, sitting still and missing snack time was an adjustment! :)

Alecia and Sam said...

Hey Melinda! Can I get your address so I can send you a wedding invite? Email me at alecia_stoddard@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Amy F said...

Oh, you two!! We must chat and talk about nursery!! :)

Kandas said...

LOL, oh no!! Hang in there!

Kandas said...

I am sad you can't come to the cabin. We were actually hoping you guys would come!!

Riley has loved working at the Moran and is so grateful for Jonny's help. He always says he owes him big time! Tell him thank you again!!