Wednesday, May 06, 2009


Go Jonny, go!
As Jonny prepares for another gross round of med school buffet testing, we reminisce about sweeter spring days and cheer him on through his second and third helpings of microbiology (yuck). So to help clear his mental palate, here is a quick helping of the intramural championship he and his med school team just won. Although he doesn't believe it now, we know he'll conquer his exams the same way he won the flag football tournament--outright. Go Jonny, go!
Aaron and I were the cheerleaders, water/ice cream crew, field prep and take down. Aaron also helped Jonny warm up for the games, giving him the best tips on good football throwing and catching technique.

The med school men in action: their last and most amazing play of the season was a furry of lateral passes strait from a rugby play book. I dare you to try and follow their tricked-out moves. It started when the ball was intercepted by Todd. Look hard and you can see the football mid-flight before Todd snatched it.
Sadly, I didn't catch Todd's amazing pick on film before he tossed it to Tyson. Then, Tyson to Vai...
Vai with the rugby hold...
Vai back to Todd...
Todd to Jonny (again, apologies for missing Todd with the ball in the play series--he has quick hands)...
and Jonny to the endzone.
The spring flag-football champs adorned in their winners' attire. "This is the proudest moment of my football life," says Jonny. Too bad the t-shirts were either misprints or left-overs from the 2008 season.
Nonetheless, we couldn't be happier to have such a hard-playing, hard-working hubby and dada. Go Jonny go!

7 comments:

patty said...

Oh Jonny, I couldn't be prouder. Just don't hurt your finger again.
Ma

Jessica GaleForce said...

I am such a noob..but what kinda of dr is Johnny studying to be? And tell him grats for me on winning the game!!

Amy F said...

We are so proud, too. Who were you playing against?? You med school boys have brain and brawn!

And hooray for Aaron for being such a good helper! Looks like a great time.

Good luck on the tests. 1st year is almost out the door!!!

jamandsteph said...

Jonny, I know Jam wishes he could play intramural football with you again. Mel, I miss hanging out with you and the wives at all the games...those were the days!! Oh, and thanks for the toys for Melody...she enjoys banging them together and chewing on them :)

Dad (TMF) said...

I think you should be featured on the next cover of the University Hospital magazine. Contact the editor and give them a picture!

Dan the Man said...

Jonny Boy,
Good to hear you got a shirt! We were in the Flag football championships here but the game was on Sunday and the stupid Med School team we were playing wouldn't let us reschedule (we had already beaten them once so they were scared), so we forfeited. It is good to read your blog, hope finals went well. I am glad that Aaron is doing well, sorry for not keeping in touch very much. Talk to you later bro.

Kandas said...

How fun! A well deserved break from studies and tests! Good job! How fun!