Introducing...
Eva Dionne Prior
Our niece Eva was born yesterday, May 7th. She weighed a whopping 9 lbs., showing both her brothers up. Her daddy Drew is proud to say that she holds the bragging rights. Her chubby cheeks and sandy brown locks are easy to adore. She is such a sweet little girl (it looks as though she's already smiling in this picture!). As the first grand daughter in the Isaac family, she is already called "Princess Eva."
Eva is named after a few very special people. When Drew was little his mother passed away and his mother's sister, Aunt Eva, came to stay with them to help out. Drew has many early memories of his Aunt's kindness and teachings. My mother also had an aunt named Eva, and many fond memories of her as well. Dionne is my mother's maiden name. Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl.
Although he may not look like it in this picture, Aaron is very excited about the arrival of his new little cousin. He has had a hard time going to sleep lately and I think it's because he is just so overjoyed out his new playmate...hopefully his excitement will turn into contentment, which will translate into a smoother nighttime routine for us all. :)
I just want to take a minute and mention how much I adore my sister Amber. She and my other sisters have always been my best friends. Amber is one of the most incredible people I know. She has an incomparable, almost unnatural ability to go with the flow--something I am still trying to learn from her. If only you could have seen her feet. Toward the end of her pregnancy she started retaining water, and they began to have an elephantish appeal to them. :) I'm sure it was difficult, but you will never hear her complain about anything. She just laughed and kept on going about her day. I couldn't believe how active she way up until the eve of Eva's birth. Amber has always been and always will be one of my greatest role models.
Eva is sure a lucky girl to have such incredible parents. They certainly feel lucky to have her.
I am so excited to have Eva in our family. Ever since the day Amber told me she was expecting another baby I have been daydreaming about the great friends our kiddos will be. Welcome little Eva! We love you.
9 comments:
Melinda, I was so excited you found me. You have the cutest little family. Congrats on the graduation.Those pic's are darling. Wow, it is so fun to see how life had turned out. You are the cutest mom. Keep in touch.
oh How cute! I love your BLOG! Very CUTE!
Hooray Amber! That is so exciting! What a cute little girl! I am so glad you posted pics of her for us to see. Tell her congrats for me. You all look great!
Hi Melinda! I'm so excited that you found our blog. I was looking through yours and I have to say that my favorite post is Blue Steel. I had to show my friends because I thought it was SO funny! What a cute little guy you two have. Congrats to Jonny on his graduation - what an amazing accomplishment! Please keep in touch.
Congrats to Amber and Drew. What a sweet little baby... beautiful.
And what a nice tribute to your sister, Melinda. I agree--she is wonderful.
Ahhhh...Such adorable pictures of all of you guys. You'll have to tell Amber Congrats! I'm so excited for your family to have another addition, expecially a girl!
Oh, how fun!! She is so cute. I bet she is so excited to have a little girl. Tell Amber that I said congrats!!
i am so glad that u posted pictures of amber's baby girl! she is gorgous i am so glad u guys have a girl in your family now. what u said about amber is so true and so sweet. both of u guys have always and will always be role models to me :)
So cute and so much fun! She is beautiful!
Post a Comment