Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Reel Deal

Jonny and I have been reeling in a few good things lately.



Fish (click for proof that Frandsens can catch fish)



Positive MCAT scores (Above: Jonny studying the MSAR book)

and...


positive pregnancy tests. I keep them in our bathroom cupboard just to assure myself that I am not imagining things.

10 comments:

MJ said...

ps. Happy (future) Father's day Jonny

paul said...

yeah!!!! congratulations...on catching that fish jonny :)

Jill T said...

4 pregnancy tests? Did you just not believe the first 3?

petey said...

j/m.

congratulations!! that's reelly exciting.

paul said...

and the baby:)

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

jill, i couldn't believe it, so i made mel take a few more after the first positive. :)

thanks petey.

MJ said...

Thanks everyone. :)

Jill- In addition to Jonny's urging, the timing of our discovery was a little ironic. It was two hours before my final interview with LDS humanitarian aid services for a full time position. When they offered me the position they gave me a week to consider the decision (and they would have been supportive of whatever choice I made). So, needless to say I wanted to be SURE that I was pregnant. :) I could have taken the job, but with a new baby and a degree to finish, we felt best about keeping the part time job I have now with the MPA department. We’re glad we made the decision.

All—any good book suggestions for expectant mothers? I am reading the “what to expect” series, but I still need “the sleeping bible,” and any other great mother-to-be references.

Jill T said...

Melinda-
I think it's cute you took 4 tests. I think if I ever got a positive test, I'd probably take 4 too! Are you planning on graduating in December or April? I think Becki said you were planning on December, like she is, but I'm not sure.

As far as books to read, I wrote down which books I read, but honestly, I can't remember which info I got from which book. But I think it was "Babywise" that was pretty helpful. But it might have been "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer." I found in all the books I read, that some of the info was helpful, some of it just plain common sense, and some of it went against my grain. But it's fun to read up and pick and choose what you want to implement.

If by chance you're pregnant with multiples, a great book is "When you're expecting twins, triplets or quads." :)

I'll be looking forward to hearing more details of the pregnancy. How are you feeling?

Amy F said...

I thought the 4 tests was a crack up! And those vitamin bottles sure look familiar! Glad to see your baby is getting the nutrients *she?* needs (that's my prediction...).

Sorry, Jonny. Your fish just wasn't big news, comparatively.

I loved reading up before each pregnancy, and then with a new baby. There is something empowering about storing up a reservoir of knowledge to be used at your own discretion. Not to quote a scripture out of context, but I have felt the principle of D&C 84:85 apply: to "treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour..." I agree with Jill... reading what is out there is so helpful. But in the end... it is your pregnant body, and your baby.

Having said that, here are my favorites:

The Dr. Sears collection (it is quite extensive). I got the pregnancy book and the baby book. I would highly recommend both... a lot of the pregnancy info is included in the baby book if you wanted to just buy one book. The baby book honestly goes over everything. Even hiccups, right Paul??

The "Sleeping Bible. Otherwise known as "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child" comes with a warning: He is a sleep Nazi. I took bits and pieces from him, but felt it was a bit overboard sometimes.

And let all of US know if you find other good books, Melinda! Guess this semester you'll be studying for two!

Love you both!

MJ said...

Thanks for the great references. It's also good to know that you both will be two of my best references. Thanks!