Friday, October 27, 2006

My 2 megapixel perspective:


Paul and Amy are not the only ones who have footballers running around the house.


Although Stephen may be the only photographer, I do, occasionally, point and shoot.

(with a camera)

Lafe scores more touchdowns than Jonny.


Maybe that’s because Jonny throws the ball…Hannah?


Jonny whistles most on Saturday morning.

Dad will stay up late at night to make sure the T-Vo mechanism will record the right channel.

Discovering that BYU cable carries “the mountain” was a very happy day in our family.





Jonny’s fancy footwork rivals Libby’s. He gets around.



Mom makes the best smoothies.


I hope we beat Airforce.



I think I am becoming a football fan.


12 comments:

paul said...

nice post. your art rivals stevie's. he will not be dissapointed. he prefers lots of colors and blur to discernable people and objects.

paul said...

the stream of consciousness reminds me of some book i read in mr olsen's about a character and a coffin and birds flying around a river with smells and bucketsand nightime breezes and air force's must have kept your footballer whistling all day maybe he can whistle his way to vegas when we play u of o...?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paul. Stevie is the inspiration for my photo art. Maybe he will want to borrow my pocket size 2mp camera sometime...

As for the book from Mr. Olsen's class, you recollections sound closer to an Emily Dickinson poem than any book I remember reading for his class...or maybe it is reminiscent of one of his songs?

Airforce did keep my footballer whisteling all day. :) Jonny said that if I can truly prove that I am converted to BYU football by then that I could whistle my way to Vegas too. What would be an adequate test of my loyalty?

paul said...

you need to wear a byu shirt to school on a utah game day. be careful though melinda. i had a boy in my class threaten to dunk my head in the toilet. so, i give you this challenge ONLY if you can cover it up when walking across main campus (for your own safety).

paul said...

A rendezvous in Vegas... for Cougar purposes, of course... sounds fun, doesn't it???

Does Jonny's whistling correlate with his emotional state??

paul said...

meaning that jonny doesn't whistle when sad or whistles sad songs...?

Anonymous said...

Jonny is a whistler. His whistling whims do correlate with his emotional state, which is always enhanced by BYU game days. That is one reason, among many, for me to be a BYU fan. My husband: the whistling footballer.

Paul: I accept your challenge. Should I wear the Y apparel on a U game day? I have already worn Jonny's BYU sweatshirt on campus many times, but it is usually in the dark. Baby steps. :) Perhaps my night class schedule has kept me safe.

paul said...

like i said melinda. i don't think it's a good idea to wear it on main campus during the day of a utah. wearing it to class on a game day (and keeping it covered until you get there) is probably a better option. maybe they have another thursday night game when you'll be up there?

i give this challenge with trepidation. we don't want you getting hurt out there.

paul said...

there are barbaric utah fans.

paul said...

Those barbarians.

I think the image of Paul wearing a Y shirt on game day is different than the image of Melinda wearing a Y shirt on game day. Somehow, I just don't think someone would challenge Melinda like Paul was challenged. Plus, his challenger was a med student...

...those barbarians.

Anonymous said...

I miss jonny's whistling, Stephen didn't seem to appreciate it. Nice pictures... mom
Stevie you seem to be silent....where are you???????

paul said...

The morning after the BYU/Wyoming game and no hightlights video yet????? Michael and I are a little disappointed... we've come to expect certain things from your blog!