It was only six years ago when my belly was itching with my first overdue baby: it was six long years ago when my belly was about to explode with my first, my 9.8 lb Aaron.

And then there we were, shepherding Aaron and 11 party guests around a packed arcade. He invited three boys from his class plus his cousins...and we didn't even lose anyone. Jonny and I shot each other crazy eyed glances throughout the nicklemania experience.
Bless grandpatty and pappa's hearts, they helped us keep track of the crew. Then the cousins came to our house for a sleepover. It was a wild ride. But we loved it.
All for Aaron. Sweet, stong-willed Aaron. He is as darling and determined as ever.
Six will be a silly age, I get the feeling. He loves being funny. He is really taking off with his reading and loves music. Aaron constantly sits at the piano trying to pick out familiar melodies. He doesn't like being associated with "baby" things, but loves taking care of our baby davey. It will be hard too, with tricky transitions for us. He is clever, always asking awesome questions. Sometime he tries to smudge the truth but I think if we keep talking about eating apples with worms he will get it. One small lie ruins the whole story. It's hard to imagine aaron gone most of the day to school next year. He is such a wonderful companion.
His birthday morning was sweet. JJ gave him his own guitar and he strummed away while davey sucked on the pegs. I think that was his favorite part.
I loved being with Aaron in his class that morning. He got the birthday shake from mrs. Diaz. And then I helped with their valentines day party. I taught the kids a song and Aaron stood beside me, proud to help. And when I taught a game during group time, mine was the only group he wanted to be in.

When he came home davey have him a new violin backpack case.
And then we celebrated at Airborne.
We came home to dada and the big reveal: a new bike and Disneyland!!

May we never forget the suitcase reveal with "daddy's medicine" that should not have been in the front pocket. Oh boy! What a surprise.
The evening ended at Olive Garden where we met up with nana and grandpa. They had balloons and smiles and hugs and stories. We are so lucky to have so much love in our lives. Aaron is such a loved little boy. He changed our lives forever and continues to change and teach us. Hopefully we can be good enough parents that we will do the same for our six year old.











No comments:
Post a Comment