Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes your boy gets so big that he pulls his teeth out all by himself during breakfast. So we are waiting for the tooth fairy to visit our house for the first time tonight. I hope she doesn't get lost or fall asleep en route to Aaron's bed.
He is super proud of his new toothless smile. This morning after a big bite of lucky charms a surprised, panicked expression grew across his face. He ran to the bathroom and then came back with his fingers in his mouth. I offered him a napkin and told Him it would help him pull (even though I was a little squeamish...I always hated pulling teeth). I successfully disguised my disgust and watched in awe as Aaron yanked it out all by himself.  He said it felt like someone was pinching him. What a brave soul.

Sometimes we go for runs in our winter wonderland. We layer all available blankets and winter gear. Yeaterday Davey was content as could be, even though his cheeks were a sweet shade of pink by the end. JJ put up with it until the last stretch when his toes got cold.
Sometimes I go to SAMs club expecting only to buy milk, so I hold my baby in my arms, assuming it will be a quick trip. Then I start paroozong for potential Christmas presents and I make a bed forDavey  in the cart. And he kinda likes it.
Sometimes a bunch of eight year old girls come to my house for activities days. This week we decorated boxes for the food bank. Aaron and JJ joined in the fun. Aaron drew all his favorite things: trains, his family, his bunk bed and a few hearts. Awe.
And then my JJ comes out of the bathroom with a fresh Mohawk to impress the ladies and I can't stop giggling.
Sometimes I feel like a awesome mom because my boy told me this is "the best winter ever" because he gets to go swimming all the time. They loves swim lessons and did so well with their teachers. JJ laughed and had a blast, even though he resisted every attempt to get him to put his head in the water. Aaron's ability to watch and learn was amazing. He focused in on his teacher and followed every prompt. As I watched him with the cochlear pockets in the   undershirt he insists on wearing in the pool I have to hold back tears. He does so well. I'm so proud of him.

1 comment:

Semi Granola Mom said...

losing teeth already? they grow up way too fast :)
~C