Halloween was quite spooky this year. I wanted to make it a super fun day for the kiddos. I had all sorts of plans and ideas in mind: go here, do this, then go there and do that, etc. etc. etc. But when the boys awoke a grumpy spell descended on our household. They didn't want to wear their costumes (or put on any clothes, really) and I became a witch. Really, I did.
It was "you will wear the costume I bought you and get in the car right now so you don't miss the owl corale performance you've been preparing for for months or I will turn you into a toad!" (in my most horrible bewitching screech) kind of morning.
I wasn't proud of my behavior, or anyone else's for that matter. But I was super proud when I watched my dark haired superman dance and sing thriller. Seriously--the auditorium was packed and he was quite timid the whole performance, but when the finale came on, he broke out the claws.
There was a costume parade and Aaron seemed pretty content with the "oohs" and "awes" he got about his muscles. What a cutie. After he got home from school I made my kids go trick or treating at the Huntsman--where daddy works. I had fun showing the kiddos off, but by the end of the laps around the office both boys were tired of adults telling them how cute they looked (even though JJ did put on a great show, telling everyone about his awesome tail and wings...he was the cutest little parrot)l. I thought the boys would love getting huge chocolate bars, but it appeared there was only so much boring trick or treating they could take. When we got in the car our grumpy superman said, "OK, can we please go to the park and have fun now?!" I laughed and said, "of course," follwed by, "and you can be whatever you want to be for Halloween."
So they ditched their costumes and played at their beloved tower park that we always used to go to when we lived by the med school.
They loved it. We broke the evil spell that came upon us that morning and went to Goodwill to get some scary make up. Aaron decided he wanted to be a scary superman.
He went to town on the red face paint and had a blast. It was hilarious watching him get ready. He was REALLY scary. Seriously. Look at those fangs popping out of his mouth.
We ended the night with Daddy the hulk and did some good old trick or treating in our own neighborhood. The boys filled their buckets to the brim and ended up not wanting to stop at houses on the way back because they had "SO MUCH CANDY!" When we got home we watched a movie (no school the next day, thank you granite school district!) and ate sweets to our hearts content.Then Davey the lion fell asleep on the witch's lap. It ended up being a super fun day after all.








No comments:
Post a Comment