You are a such a sleepy boy.

Your big brother Aaron often takes note of this fact. He often sayts, "Mom, he's sleeping again!" or, "If you feed him then he'll just go back to sleep," and , "silly sleepy Davey!" he says in amazement (with a touch of frustration becuase he wishes he could play with you). I remind Aaron that a sleepy baby is a healthy, happy baby.
He mostly understands, though wouldn't mind if you stayed awake all day long. More time to tell you stories.
And, we have a few good stories to tell. It was my birthday! Yes, while you were sleeping, your momma turned 29. This is a year I have been waiting for for a very long time. It's my favorite number. Perhaps it will be my favorite year. I don't see why it wouldn't be. I have a husband who built me a pile of presents and three charming sons who made me feel quite special on my big day. I visited Aaron's classroom to help him introduce cochlear implants to his classmates. They were all very interested and respectful, and Aaron--though he was rather timid in front of the two kindergarten classes--was eager to show them off. We made a video that explained many CI questions and let the kids ask a few of their own. It was fun. Your daddy and I had breakfast for dinner and then drove to squaw peak to admire the view. You were there, but of course you won't remember...you were sleeping.Your big brother Aaron often takes note of this fact. He often sayts, "Mom, he's sleeping again!" or, "If you feed him then he'll just go back to sleep," and , "silly sleepy Davey!" he says in amazement (with a touch of frustration becuase he wishes he could play with you). I remind Aaron that a sleepy baby is a healthy, happy baby.
He mostly understands, though wouldn't mind if you stayed awake all day long. More time to tell you stories.
Your brothers drove to Fish Lake that weekend with grandpa and nana while you and I waited for Daddy to finish a late night at work. When we pulled up to the Sunflower cabin Aaron, JJ and their cousins were on their way back from the lake. They ran up to me with huge smiles spread wide on their faces. Neither of them had caught a fish, but being on the boat with grandpa was a sure treat...especialy when they witnessed grandpa and Jake reel in huge "Macadons!" (as JJ said).
They were sure happy to see us--you more than me, I think. you woke up for long enough to say hello to your brothers, eat, and then fall asleep.
And then you woke up to watch the crazy talent show with Grandpa David. The Sonny and Cher number from Nana and Grandpa was epic. They sang, "I got you babe." It was awesome. Other numbers included a voilin performance from Aaron--on Zach's violin (impressive because it wasn't his size and he didn't have tapes), "Fish Lake Toast" from Chantel and Jake, a puppet show from Amber and Drew, a dance number from Alli and Dallin, and your classy mom and dad showed off with the infamous "upside down backside slap dance."
The weekend ended too quickly at Slough Foot rock where JJ treated us to his rendition of the family story. Over and over again. He is quite the talented story teller. I was so proud of the way he listened to granpa's telling, and then retold the story almost perfectly--sound effects for the rock crashing down the mountain and all. That JJ can sure steal the show. While you were sleeping we carved your initials into the quakie tree next to all of ours.
The following week you found yourself rudely awaken and forced into a few pretty uncomfortable situations...but you handled them well. Grandpa Frandsen did a great job with your first check up and first little surgery.
Your poor shmuck.While you were sleeping, I started to run again. We live in a beautiful little nook in the SL valley. JJ enjoyes collecting rocks as we chug along and I love looking at the mountains. And, of course, at your chubby cheeks jiggling along in the jogger.
While you refused to sleep for your daddy, I was away testing out my post pregnancy exercise limits. I'm training for a half iron man next June; it is a big part of my birthday present this year. Your awesome daddy is sacrificing his time to make it possible for me to have a little "me" exercise time. He is such a good daddy and husband...try not to be too hard on him while I am away.
While you were sleeping we read books to you...
And Aaron and daddy started soccer season. Daddy is the coach--a tough position to fill for a team of easily distracted five year olds. But he does a great job. JJ even gets in on the action, and is so proud of every half time goal he makes.
While you were sleeping, BYU beat Texas Tech; the family found our Salt Lake Swimming hole;
we worked in the yard with you enjoying the breeze under our big tree; JJ gave you flowers;
JJ "watered" the rocks, claiming that they "like to be peed on;" and Aaron dug up stumps galore and finding all sorts of "dino bones" along the way--your brothers are a huge help in the yard--they love it.
I held you while you were sleeping. And, I thanked God for the precios peaceful moments I get with you every day. Having a baby has its challenges, but the rewards outweigh the trying moments. Our house may not be the cleanest, and I'm still learning how to "do things" on our list, but none of that really matters. You are so healthy and heavenly. I know you are a special boy with important things to do in this life. I am so grateful to have you in my life. We love you so much. And then you woke up and showed us all you learned to smile. You are happiest in the morning, after a good night filled with milk and sleep. Sometimes I can even get you to coo at me. We love your little stories. We love your chamelion-like red hair that changes its color in the sun. Sometimes it looks so red, others it looks blondish. I want to dye my hair to match my cute little fox.
I am such a lucky momma to have you and three other boys to love. Each of you are so special. You have your own challenges, your own strengths, your own interests and your own quirks...as do I. We love getting to know you each day (and night in my case). Now goodnight. It's time for me to get some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment