Monday, March 11, 2013

Utah Wedding

Good morning, Utah.
It was good to see your bright winter sun beaming through the blinds of my parent's guest room.  It was as if the "arduous" trek west had never happened...and suddenly there I was, sitting on the floor in my pajamas, giggling over JJ's assertion that he he had a baby in his tummy and I needed to be more gentle when I tickled him.
Then Dallin, my teenage bro, trots over with his backpack on and gives me the biggest hug.  He's almost taller than me, and has dropped about 20 lbs. He asks me if I've seen his running shoes, which he desperately needed so that he could jog to school (with his backpack on).  He also did a run-a-thon to raise money for his track team.  What a stud.
We visit the mill, visit grandma, play with cousins, go crazy swimming with the Paul and Amy crew, and then--as if no time had passed--there I am lying across my mom's lap, letting her play with my hair until I doze off.
Yes, Utah.  How did time pass so quickly?  Even our long day at the audiologist seems like it flew by in a flash.  Aaron went through the programming exercises like champ--motivated by the motorized train award waiting for him in the car--no doubt.  
We visited the home we are buying. I loved it...especially the neighborhood.  It was a sweet feeling, turning the corner to see many young kids out and dusk, sword fighting in their driveways and biking, etc.  The house is also quite charming.  I can't wait to see the yard in bloom.
 By the later half of the week, wedding festivities were in running full throttle.  There was the bridal shower where we practiced the coolest flash mob dance choreographed by the bride herself.  Chantel is the most awesome gal.  My #1 goal for the week was getting to know her, and I came away wanting to know her more and more.  She loves thrift shopping, making crazy music videos, going on adventures, and (of course) my brother.  She is an awesome lady and I'm so glad I have a lot of time to get to know her better.  If I could have chosen a sister to add to the family, she would have been it.  We're lucky Jake has such great taste.
 
 And, then all of the sudden, there we were, stuffing our faces and dancing our shoes off at the pre-wedding party.  JJ spent the evening getting lost, spilling water, and giggling uncontrollably as he ran like mad around the cultural hall.  Aaron was the die-hard party animal he always is in big exciting gathering: learning the art of couples dancing with cousins, attempting break dance moves, and showing off his macarena skills.  I spent the night chatting with family and friends and chasing these two around the church.  I'll leave out the part where I give the gory details of an 11pm bedtime for these two beautiful boys.
  "The Mararena"... (I actually carried Jonny around on the phone via facetime for about an hour during the dance so he could witness some of this party goodness)
 "The fist-pump/stomp," "the twirling hip bump" and "the hot HS crush comes to the family dance party" moves are all featured in this photo.
Before I knew it, it was Jake and Chantel's big day.  We towed our tired bunch to the Draper temple, wished the teenagers good luck with the kiddos and headed in to witness their sweet sealing.  It was a wonderful ceremony.  Jake and Chantel glowed as the sealer discussed the promises they were making and the blessings they would receive.  I love them both so much.
 We took a few pictures...
Tried to be funny, ate to our heart's content at the wedding dinner and then...
It was bedtime.  
The week passed faster than a flash, and then I was headed back home to my honey.  I missed Jonny so much that week.  It was like I was missing my right arm. And my heart.  And my brain, on occasion. He is such a part of me, and of the boys, and of my family.  It was hard to fully enjoy the wedding celebrations without him.  But, it was a wonderful week nonetheless.  Next time we are in Utah, it will be the four of us...preparing for number five.

1 comment:

TiffT said...

I love your family! What a great trip to Utah! Looks like you stayed plenty busy! Sad I missed you when you were here but I sure do LOVE you!