Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bike Rider

After Easter Dinner at the Francypants household, I looked out Paul and Amy's window, and this is what I saw:
My eyes were a little confused (as they frequently are when I try to focus on something far away without my glasses on), so I ran out to get a closer look.  And, there they were: Aaron riding a two wheel bike, and Jonny running right along side him. It was a completely unplanned, unexpected fantastic family moment.
So, I did what any mother would do; I started to cry.  I was so proud of Aaron for summoning his courage to try out Beckah's bike (the only one available at the time).  And, I was so proud of Jonny, for being there at that moment, and being the type of dad who says, "Well, it looks like this is the only bike left.  If you want to ride a bike, let's do it."
 And, so they did.
 Again,
 and again,
(and then pausing to take turns with the beautiful owner of the bike),
 and even after a knee scrape or two, hopping back up and riding it again.
This is what they thought of the first bike ride. (Believe it or not, the scratches on his nose are from a scooter injury that happened the day before).  So proud.  So happy.  So excited.  And, JJ and I watched with equal emotion.  Way to go, little bike rider.

1 comment:

Jill T said...

Way to go Aaron! Zach learned on a girl bike too. :)