Wednesday, November 17, 2010


Family Date Night
Jonny took Aaron and I out to the BYU Bball opening game last week. It was a great little outing to further initiate Aaron into cougar traditions. It was also nice to sing our last fight song before our J&M Frandsen family trio becomes a quartet. We had a great night.
We even got to take Michael with us. He is a model fan to show Aaron the BYU cougar club ways. Jonny said he's never watched anything cuter than Aaron mimicking Michael's every move. If Michael would stand up and shout "Come on!," so would Aaron. If Michael chanted "defense," Aaron joined in. When Michael got upset about various calls, Aaron would scrunch his face, clench his fists and yell a disappointed "oh, Man!"
When Aaron's interest began to wane, I was happy to take him on a walk around the Marriott Center. (Baby J and I can only sit in those seats for so long these days). Aaron enjoyed finding various letters of the alphabet that hung from the ceiling. I enjoyed watching him tromp from side to side with his arms tucked into his chest like a "football player." I asked him how a basketball player would walk and he started making jump shots.
Occasionally I would catch a glimpse of my profile in the Marriott Center windows, and it would startle me. Not that I forget how pregnant I am right now, but my orb-like belly is kind of crazy looking. We stopped at Wendys to grab a bite to eat before the game and a young stared at me and exclaimed, "That's incredible! I've never seen a belly that looks so much like a beach ball!" I laughed at her, and as I did the beach ball of a belly bounced up and down. Only a few more days until it pops and we get to hold the baby hiding within.
Until then, we are enjoying the adorable older brother.

2 comments:

paul said...

Yay! Thank-you for taking our Michael. He loved it and he loves Aaron...

Dad (TMF) said...

Glad you had tickets.